It’s summertime, and things can get a little wild out there. You mow the lawn one Saturday, and before you know it the grass has shot up, the bushes are invading the neighbor’s driveway again, and no one’s seen the mailbox in weeks. Yikes! Is it your backyard or a jungle out there? Never fear! For families looking to keep their yard a fantastic play-friendly habitat, we’ve got the tips for you.
1. Spray for mosquitos This is perhaps the best thing you can do in a Texas summer if you ever want to go outside again. Get a professional to treat your yard for mosquitos so your kids can return to the great outdoors bug-bite free.
2. Invest in a sprinkler Not only is this a necessity for keeping that lawn fresh and green, or at least not a completely parched eyesore, you can entertain kids for hours by letting them play in the water.
3. Mow your grass on a higher setting While this may seem counterintuitive, longer grass allows for longer roots, which means your grass can soak up more moisture and stay greener longer. Try opting for just a single setting higher and see if it makes a difference.
4. Invest in your patio furniture If the kids are outside, you’ll want to be out there keeping an eye on them, and why not do so in style? Make sure your patio furniture isn’t rotted or damaged in any way if it’s from last season, and maybe even repaint it for a great family DIY project.
5. Grill with Caution Grilling is a great way to bring the family together over food! Just make sure you exercise caution, and never leave an open flame unsupervised. Summertime is a magical season, that provides so many opportunities for the entire family to enjoy time outside in the backyard together. And no matter how you choose to furnish your yard, be safe and have fun! If your yard feels a little small, and a new home starts to look like it might be in the summer plans as well, contact us today to find out how we can help you save time and money as you buy a brand new home! Contact Us!